Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 block extra sharp cheddar cheese (10 ounce)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper, ground (optional)
- ½ package elbow macaroni – cooked (16 ounce)
- STEP 1Whisk flour into butter melted butter. Preheat oven to 400°F,
- STEP 2Gradually whisk in warm milk, and cook, whisking constantly until thickened.
- STEP 3Whisk in salt, black pepper, 1 cup shredded cheese, and red pepper until smooth. Stir in pasta. Spoon pasta mixture into a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.