Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Bacon Deviled Eggs with Caramelized Onions and Cheddar Cheese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 6 each hardboiled eggs – peeled, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 slices bacon – cooked crispy, fat reserved
- ¼ cup yellow onions – minced
- 1½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- As needed cheddar cheese – hand grated thin
- To taste sea salt
- To taste black pepper
- STEP 1Finely chop the cooked bacon, remove any pieces that are chewy.
- STEP 2Saute the onions over medium heat in a few tablespoons of reserved bacon fat until they are soft and translucent.
- STEP 3Carefully remove the yolks from the hardboiled eggs and place them in a medium sized bowl.
- STEP 4Add all other ingredients and mash them together with a fork until everything is well incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- STEP 5Place a heaping teaspoon of the yolk mixture into each egg white. Sprinkle with pepper before serving.