- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 3 medium - large ripe bananas
- 110g margarine or butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 285g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 60ml soured cream
- STEP 1Grease 1kg loaf tin. Mash the bananas
- STEP 2Cream together butter/margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs.
- STEP 3Sift together flour, bicarbonate of soda. Add salt and stir into the butter/sugar/eggs mixture. Add the vanilla, mashed banana and soured cream. Mix thoroughly. Spoon mixture evenly into the greased loaf tin.
- STEP 4Bake at 160°C (fan oven) for 1 hour