Quick Pizza Dough
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110°F)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- STEP 2Stir in flour, salt, and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- STEP 3Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or sheet pan dusted with cornmeal.
- STEP 4Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- STEP 5Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.