Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground sweet italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
- 2 each eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1½ tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1½ cups water, lukewarm
- ½ cup yellow onions, diced
- To taste salt and black pepper
- STEP 1Saute diced onions in oil and sweat until translucent. Add minced garlic and stir together. Do not brown the garlic. Remove from heat and cool on a half sheet pan.
- STEP 2Mix all other ingredients together. Once the onions and garlic and cooled, add to meat mixture.
- STEP 3Shape meatballs and sear on the top and bottom to keep in the moisture during cooking.
- STEP 4Finish in a 350 degree oven until tender (about 15 minutes).