Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 5 each avocadoes – large, black in color, soft to the touch
- 2 each limes – juiced
- 1 each red onion – diced
- ¾ cup cilantro – loose packed, fresh, chopped finely
- 1 each tomato – diced
- To taste - salt
- As needed jalapeno – minced
- STEP 1Sliced avocados in half. Discard the seed. Scoop out of shell with a spoon. Place in a bowl.
- STEP 2Add juice of one of the limes immediately to avoid browning. Use a fork and mash to desired consistency
- STEP 3Add chopped onions, tomato, and cilantro. Stir gently to mix ingredients.
- STEP 4Add juice of second lime and salt to taste. Fold until incorporated. Add jalapeno to taste.
- STEP 5Serve with tortilla chips.