Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Stuffed Mushrooms Salad.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 2
Stuffed mushrooms surrounded by salad and rice.
- 4 large flat portabello mushrooms
- 4 spring onions
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 100g of fresh brown bread crumbs
- 1 tsp of fresh oregano (chooped)
- 50g of grated chedder cheese
- 100g cooked chicken (finely chooped)
- 4oz long grain wild rice
- Green salad leaves (rocket, spinach, watercress)
- 8 cherry tomatoes.
- Chopping board
- Small bowl
- Frying pan
- Tea spoon
- Fish slice.
- STEP 1Losely wrap one chicken breast in foil and grill until cooked and tender, While chicken is cooking wash and pat dry mushrooms (using paper towel). Remove stalks and chop finely.
- STEP 2Measure and finely chop 100gms of the cooked chicked, put aside for the mushroom stuffing.
- STEP 3Chop the spring onions and then saute (LIghtly fry) the mushroom stalks together with the spring onions.
- STEP 4In a large bowl mix together the mushrooms, onions bread crumbs chopped chicken and oregano, set aside.
- STEP 5Grate the cheese and add to the stuffing mixture. Carefully equally spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps. Lightly drizzle with oil, grill for approximately 8-10 minutes. Serve hot with rice and green salad leaves and cherry tomatoes.
- STEP 6While mushrooms are cooking, cook 4 0z of long grain rice, wash salad leave and tomatos, arrange on plates ready to add the mushrooms to.