Sage and Onion Stuffing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 2 Slices of Dense Bread (made into breadcrumbs)
- 1 Chicken Stockcube
- 1 tsp Dried Sage
- STEP 1Boil the onion in a medium saucepan in 1 inch of water until it has turned transparent.
- STEP 2Add a knob of butter, the sage and the stockcube and stir until its dissolved, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- STEP 3Stir in breadcrumbs. Add boiling water until mixture resembles thick porridge, add more bread if it becomes too watery.
- STEP 4Transfer to oven proof dish and cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 170 degrees, or until a brown crust forms on top.