Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Quick ingredient for garlic bread or on grilled vegetables
Store in the refrigerator and use within a month. Although, I found that it can be kept in the fridge up to 3 months if stored properly. I make a batch and keep it in the fridge. It's great for instant garlic bread and awesome on grilled vegetables or homemade potato and sweet potato fries. This is one of my favourite on-hand ingredients for a quick and easy dinner. It shortens preparation time considerably during cooking and it keeps well once refrigerated. I personally feel that the flavours improve with time.
- 400g butter (salted or unsalted) or spreadable margarine
- 15 cloves garlic
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp parsley (optional)
- STEP 1Grate or finely chop the cloves of garlic and transfer to a bowl.
- STEP 2Mix the softened butter and garlic until smooth.
- STEP 3Add in the olive oil and mix to a smooth consistency
- STEP 4Add in the parsley, either dried or fresh, finely chopped
- STEP 5Transfer to a clean dry jar and close lid tightly. Always scoop out the amount you need with a dry spoon and put back in the refrigerator immediately after use.