Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cannellini Bean Dip
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Quick and easy morish dip with a zing
For the spice mix
- 1 tsp ground nutmed
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
For the dip
- 1 can, Cannellini Beans, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
- STEP 1Mix all the ingredients for the spice mix. You can use ready ground powders however it's better to use whole spices, dry fry, and put through a spice/coffee grinder.
- STEP 2Fry the onion and garlic on a low heat in half the olive oil for 5 minutes. Once softened, add the spice mix and nigella seeds. Cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the beans.
- STEP 3Once the beans a fully heated through, add the lime juice, salt and fresh coriander and mash with the back of a fork.
- STEP 4Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining olive oil and a few sprigs of fresh coriander.