Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Honey BBQ Ribs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 2
The winter season is perfect for BBQ flavours - even cooked indoors. Ribs are a cheap and simple to cook cut of meat that the whole family will enjoy tucking into, particularly in chilly weather.
- 6 medium fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup honey
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp English mustard
- STEP 1Ribs
- STEP 2Steam the ribs in an oven tray covered in cling film for 2-3 hrs on about 140C.
- STEP 3Then remove the cling film and pour over the sauce and bake in a moderate oven for 20-30 minutes.
- STEP 4Sauce
- STEP 5Bake the tomatoes in a hot oven (220C) for 10-15 minutes, untill they start to brown.
- STEP 6Add all ingredients to a sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes, then place into a blender and blend on high before straining through a sieve. Add water to make a thick sauce.
- STEP 7Season to taste with salt pepper and more English mustard as required.