Lemon Tray Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 to 16 squares
Soft and spongey tray bake with fantastic flavours of lemon
- 225g Butter (unsalted)
- 225g caster or golden caster sugar
- 275g self rasing flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large free range eggs
- 4 lemons and the lemon juice
- 100g caster sugar
- STEP 1Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees and grease a medium square baking tray with Grease proof paper.
- STEP 2Place a the measured ingredients (apart from lemon) juice into a large mixing bowl and mix together for about 5 to 8 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- STEP 3Give the mix a good stir with a big metal spoon, tip mixture into the greased tray and place in the oven and cook for 30 to 35 minutes untill golden brown.
- STEP 4For the topping, juice the lemons our a sieve so the pips do not end up in the juice, add 100g of caster or golden sugar and mix well, leave to one side.
- STEP 5Once the cake is cooked, remove from oven and with a Sharp knife or skewer pierce the cake all over, mix the Lemon and sugar mixture together then pour over cake and let to cool.