Lemon roast chicken with celeriac
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Easy roast dinner without to many carbs shh!
- Fresh whole chicken - choose size according to how many you will be cooking for.
- Large lemon
- Baby carrots
- Sugar snap peas
- 2 courgette sliced
- 2 red onions 1/4 ed
- Baby corn
- Olive oil
- Large knob of butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- Corn flour
- STEP 1Put carrots, sliced courgette, peas, and quartered onions and baby corn into a roasting tin season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- STEP 2Place the whole chicken on top of veggies, remove the string from the chicken, put half of the rosemary in this chicken along with the lemon cut in half.
- STEP 3Place on the oven this should cook on 5/6 for an hour or until the chicken is fully cooked. Now peal and chop the celeriac into inch cubes.
- STEP 4Heat the butter, garlic and rosemary in a frying pan, add the celeriac and cook until golden, stiring continually. Season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 5Once cooked remove chicken from the oven and carve, remove veggies to serving plate and add juices to a saucepan. Mix corn flour with a little cold water and mix on a high heat with the chicken and veggie juices until you have your gravy.
- STEP 6Once gravy is done plate chicken up and serve with veggies and celeriac.