Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A quick tasty vegetarian curry based on my favourite takeaway curry.
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- Half an onion chopped
- Half a butternut squash cubed
- Handful of peas
- Handful of sliced green beans
- Cup of sliced mushrooms
- Sliced Red pepper
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Teaspoon of chilli flakes
- Teaspoon of sugar
- Tin of light coconut milk
- 8 Cherry tomatoes
- Cup of red lentils
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- STEP 1Pour oil into heavy based pan, add onions and garlic and cooked gently until transparent.
- STEP 2Add curry powder and cook gently for two minutes to develop flavour.
- STEP 3Add all other ingredients, stir well, cover and simmer for 40 minutes until thicker and the vegetables are soft. Add a splash of water if too thick. You can add a splash of cream at this point if desired. Serve with boiled rice, naan bread or pup odium or jacket potato. The choice is yours. Enjoy.