Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Roasted Pepper & Hazelnut Pesto Penne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
I eat for textures and this recipe has it! Remember to take a moment to enjoy the aroma of the peppers when they're roasting in the oven.
- 200g Penne Pasta
- 2 x Red Peppers
- 2 x Garlic Cloves
- 40g Fresh Coriander
- 30g Hazelnuts
- 1tsp Chilli Flakes
- 30g Parmesan
- 1 x Lime
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180°C (fan).
- STEP 2Roughly chop coriander. Deseed peppers and cut into squares. Roughly chop garlic.
- STEP 3Place chopped peppers in large baking tray. Sprinkle with garlic, 2tbsp olive oil and salt to taste. Mix well and ensure peppers well coated. Place in oven for 15mins, until soft.
- STEP 4Grate parmesan.
- STEP 5Add pasta to salted boiling water in medium saucepan. Stirring occasionally, boil for 8mins then drain.
- STEP 6Put a pan on medium-high heat and dry roast the hazelnuts for 5mins or just as they start to brown. Do not burn.
- STEP 7Place chopped coriander, peppers, garlic, nuts, chilli flakes, juice of half a lime and 2tbsp olive oil into a blender. Blend to a rough paste, add parmesan and season to taste. (Use pestle and mortar if no blender available)
- STEP 8Combine pesto and pasta in a pan. Season with lime juice tip taste and serve. Enjoy!