Mushroom and Asparagus Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Simple and yummy pasta
- 1kg fresh pasta shells
- 450g asparagus
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 700g closed cup mushrooms
- 8 tbsp vegetable stock
- milled black pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme
- 300g half-fat cheddar cheese
- STEP 1Cut the asparagus into 7.5cm/3in lengths. Very finely chop the garlic. Slice the mushrooms. Finely grate the cheese.
- STEP 2Cook pasta according to instructions on the pack.
- STEP 3Meanwhile cook the asparagus stems in boiling water for 2mins. Add the asparagus tips and cook for a further minute. Drain.
- STEP 4Heat the oil and cook the garlic and mushrooms for one minute, stirring.
- STEP 5Add vegetable stock, black pepper and thyme. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- STEP 6Add asparagus and heat gently. Fold in the cooked, drained pasta and most of the cheese.
- STEP 7Serve immediately with the remaining cheese sprinkled on top.