Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fish cake with no potato
- Preparation and cooking time
- 1- 3hours to set
- Serves 4
My fish cake recipe is short, simple and sassy! It need not a whizz kid in the kitchen or endless faffing around, with gadgets, to gather a few ingredients and execute a mouthwatering snack or main meal.
- Large handful of medium sized prawns
- half cup of flaked salmon (or any other fish you may have)
- 1 tea spoon Oregano
- 1 tea spoon Italian Mixed Herb
- 1/4 cup of Chopped Onions
- 2 table spoons Maggi Cubes
- 1/2 Egg
- 1/2 tea spoon salt and pepper (chillies optional for heat)
- STEP 1Cut the prawns into small pieces and then, using a metal folk, press them until mushy and add the fish (or blitz in a food processor).
- STEP 2Then added chopped onions, chili and herbs (oregano, Italian mixed herb), maggi liquid...basically your usual cupboard condiments.
- STEP 3Combine half of whisked egg and mix everything together. Then roll the mixture and pat into flat cakes (large handful prawns will allow 4 cakes).
- STEP 4sprinkle a few flour over the mix and cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least an hour (or more if possible) to set.
- STEP 5Once out of the fridge, sprinkle a few more flour then fry in oil. Then serve!!!