Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12-16 Brownies
These Classic Brownies are rich in flavour and will blow your mind! :)
- 150g unsalted butter
- 125g plain flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- 300g soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- 90g plain chocolate
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Grease the 20cm x 15cm square tin and line it with baking paper.
- STEP 2Put the chocolate and butter into a bowl and heat over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Be sure not to burn the chocolate. Once melted, remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
- STEP 3Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into a separate bowl.
- STEP 4In a third bowl, beat the eggs then add the sugar and vanilla extract. Stir it all together until it is golden brown.
- STEP 5Fold all the mixtures together until they are just combined.
- STEP 6Spoon the mixture into the greased tin and bake for 25 minutes. The top should be crusty and the inside quite gooey. Allow the brownies to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into it. Enjoy!