Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Meat Sorrento Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Makes at least 2 servings. If not, 1
This Italian based recipe is yet simple and easy to do, but fun to make if you have the time.
- 1 pack of chopped up boneless,skinless meat of any choice uncooked
- Few basil leaves
- 3-5 cloves of garlic
- Half of a tomato chopped
- Black Pepper
- 100g Pasta of your choice (I used spaghetti)
- 100ml Double Cream
- Mushrooms (Optional)
- Stir fry (Optional)
- Cooked Prawns
- STEP 1Chop up tomatoes and cloves of garlic into small bits. In a frying pan or skillet with oil pre-heated on a medium heat, put the tomatoes and garlic in. Fry for up to 10 minutes or until tomatoes and garlic look cooked.
- STEP 2In the same frying pan, put your cream in, and let it settle. Turn off the pan when it starts bubbling, and leave it aside for later. (Tip: if you don't think the mixture looks creamy enough, then add more cream).
- STEP 3Season meat with salt and pepper. In a seperate frying pan, on a medium heat, fry your meat. This should take up around 20-25 minutes, although this depends on how much meat pieces you got and how fast you are. (Tip: If you have time, season meat and let the seasoning sink into the meat while doing the creamy base).
- STEP 4Once meat is done, turn on the pan where the creamy base was and wait until bubbly (this shouldn't take too long), and add your meat, prawns and basil into the mixture. Add your stir fry and mushrooms if you opted to do so, and stir mixture for up to 5 minutes. Let it settle for up to 20 minutes. (Tip: As an alternative, you can use the stir fry as a side dish and not with the mixture).
- STEP 5Meanwhile, cook your pasta. This should take up to five minutes.
- STEP 6After cooking your pasta, you can opt to fold in your creamy-meat mixture with the pasta, or serve it seperately.