Garlic and Turmeric Chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- You can marinate over night for a deeper flavour within the chicken.
- Serves 4
Quick, easy and very very tasty marinade for BBQ'd or Grilled chicken.
- 500 - 750g of Chicken Breasts/Drummers/Thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric,
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed and then roughly chopped
- Couple of grinds of Ground black pepper
- Couple of grinds of Salt
- 2 teaspoons worcester sauce
- 3 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- A little Butter
Additional for Grilling:
- 250g of Mushrooms
- STEP 1Smash, Skin and chop the garlic.
- STEP 2Add all the marinade ingredients into a bowl and crush together.
- STEP 3Wash the chicken, roll in the marinade.
- STEP 4You can leave it upto 24 hours in the fridge if you want a deeper flavour but can also cook straight away.
- STEP 5Use a little oil to grease an oven dish.
- STEP 6Chop the mushrooms, lay in the oven dish as a base.
- STEP 7Place the marinated chicken ontop the mushrooms.
- STEP 8Cook in a medium grill for 8minutes each side.
- STEP 9Check it's cooked through by pushing a fork into the thickest bit of the chicken and seeing if the juices run clear.