Courgette fritters, chilli jam
Member recipe by markstevens1986
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Portions
- Make 12 Fritters:
- 450g grated courgette
- 50g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 60ml/4 tbsp plain flour
- vegtable oil
- salt and pepper
- For the chilli jam:
- 75ml/5tbsp olive oil
- 4 large onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillis, seeded and sliced
- 30ml/2 tbsp dark brown soft sugar
- First make chilli jam, heat the oil in a frying pan until hot, then add the onions and garlic. Reduce the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes, stiring frequently, until the onions are very soft.
- Leave the onions to cool then tansfer to a blender. Add the chillis and sugar and blend till smooth then return mixture to saucepan. Cook fo a further 10 mins, stirring fequently, untill the liquid evaporates and the mixture has the consistency of jam. Cool slightly
- To make the fritters, squeeze the courgette in a dish towel to emove any excess liquid, then combine with the parmasan, eggs, flour and salt and pepper.
- Heat enough oil to cover the base of a frying pan. Add 30ml/2 tbsp of the mixture for each fritter and cook 3 at a time for 2-3 minuteson each side untill golden. Then keep warm till you have cooked the rest of the fritters. Drain on paper towel, serve warm with a spoonful of chilli jam.