Pasta alla Salmone
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus a few minutes thickening time.
- Serves 6
- 500g pasta, either penne or a strip variety such as linguine.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- Approx. 140g thinly sliced smoked salmon, shredded (if using preserved, this is the DRAINED WEIGHT)
- A sprinkling of good vodka, brandy, or whisky (whichever you prefer, about 2 tbsp)
- 400ml whipping cream (unwhipped)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Minced parsley to your taste
Optional: several leaves finely shredded radicchio (arugula) -- stir them in with the salmon
- Optional: several leaves finely shredded radicchio (arugula) -- stir them in with the salmon
Optional: 50g Caviar, (any colour)
- Optional: 50g Caviar, (any colour)
- STEP 1Fill in a pot with water for the pasta and salt it. Leave it to boil.
- STEP 2SautÃ© the onion in the butter (in a pan) until it wilts, then add the salmon and cook a minute or so more, stirring, until it lightens in color.
- STEP 3Sprinkle in the liquor (vodka will add a crisper note, and brandy a slightly sweeter one), stir until it is evaporated, and stir in the cream.
- STEP 4Heat through, check seasoning, and itÃ¢ÂÂs ready; sprinkle the parsley over it at the very end, just before you use it to sauce the pasta.
- STEP 5Add the sauce to the pasta, garnish with some parsley leaves (if possible) and leave it for 5 minutes to thicken. Serve.