Ciabatta & Rosemary Stuffing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 loaf ciabatta, crusts removed and cut into chunks
- 100ml milk
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 140g cubetti di pancetta
- 3 sprigs rosemary, needles stripped and chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 egg, beaten
- STEP 1Put the ciabatta into a bowl with the milk and mash together with a fork.
- STEP 2Cook the onion in a large knob of butter until completely soft. Add the pancetta and cook until starting to go golden. Add the rosemary and cook for a minute or two. Cool a little, then tip the onion mix into the bread and add the lemon and egg. Stir thoroughly and season well, then tip into a buttered baking dish.
- STEP 3Dot extra bits of butter on the top, then bake in a 220C/fan 200C/gas 7 oven for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and golden on top.