Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Philly Cheese steak roll.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 2
Ready in 30 minutes
- 340g lean frying steak
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 slices Emmental, cut into strips
- 75g sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 4 baguette rolls, pre-baked
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
To serve with:
- Hamburger relish
- STEP 1Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes until browned and crispy then place on a plate. Add the pepper and mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes until softened then place on the plate with the onions.
- STEP 2Add another drizzle of oil to the pan if needed then fry the steak quickly for 4 minutes on each side until browned. Cut the steak into strips and place inside the baguettes with the onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- STEP 3Top with the Emmental and sprinkle with dry Oregano and Basil. Place under a hot grill to melt the cheese. Serve hot with relish as desired.