Smoked Haddock Fishcakes
Member recipe by markandsel
Simple yet tasty - serve on a bed of Rocket and top with a Poached Egg or simply eat with Baked Beans - YUMMY!
- 500g chopped Potatos (Floury variety)
- Tin Sweetcorn
- 300g Smoked Haddock Fillets (boneless)
- Knob of Butter
- Plain Flour for Dusting
- 2 Tbsp Oil for Frying
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Cook the Potatos in Boiling, Salted water until tender.
- While the Potatos are boiling, put the haddock on a microwaveable plate with the Knob of Butter and cover with cling film. Microwave on high for 3 mins (850w). Adjust time for your microwave.
- Drain the Potatos, mash well and season
- Remove the skin from the fish and flake into the potato.
- Add sweetcorn and chopped parsley then mix together well.
- shape into pattys (approx 8) with floured hands and lightly dust with flour.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the oil and fry until golden.