Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fish and Tomato Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
My own take on a traditional Spanish recipe which uses things I usually have in the cupboard.
- 2 Cod Fillets
- Jar of tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- Couple handfuls of green beans
- Flour on a plate for coating the fish
- oil (preferably olive but can be any)
- Basil, bay leaf, parsley - whatever's in the cupboard
- STEP 1Cut up the cod into chunks and pat dry with kitchen paper. Coat with the flour.
- STEP 2Heat oil in a pan and brown the fish, set aside.
- STEP 3Use the same pan to saute onion, garlic and vegetables until the onion is translucent. Add tomato sauce and herbs. Simmer for 5 mins.
- STEP 4Put fish back into the pan and reduce the heat. Simmer for another 5 mins then serve with mash potato, roast potatoes or rice.