Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken, peppers and broccoli bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Quick & easy
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 kg pack of chicken breasts
- 1 big broccoli, separated in florets
- 6-7 peppers, various colours, cut in chunks
- 3 slices of wholemeal bread turned into breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp of chipotle paste
- a tub of crème fraîche
- 500 ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 5 minutes until lightly browned and just cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper and arrange in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- STEP 2Steam the broccoli florets, until almost tender. Put in the ovenproof dish between the chicken.
- STEP 3Fry pepper chunks in the same pan where chicken was fried until tender. Scatter on top chicken and broccoli.
- STEP 4Mix together crème fraîche, stock and chipotle paste. Pour over the chicken, broccoli and peppers. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top of the bake. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Serve with new potatoes or jacket potatoes.