Ricotta Cheese Pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus time to cool to room temperature before refrigerating
- Serves 8
Lemon scented ricotta chesse pie with a creamy texture.
- Ricotta Cheese Pie
Our Mom, made this sweet lemony pie for decades. It is much like a cheesecake, only lighter.
- 4 extra large eggs at room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1½ pounds whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbs. lemon extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 c. chopped walnuts, optional
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 300 F.
- STEP 2Break eggs into a large bowl & blend with an electric mixer. Add the sugar, cream cheese & ricotta, beat until smooth. Add the lemon extract & lemon zest, stir well. Stir in walnuts.
- STEP 3Pour the batter into a greased 23cmx23cm glass baking dish. Place dish in the center of the preheated oven. Bake for 1½ hour, until the pie is set & the edges are golden. Allow to remain in oven for approximately another 30 mins. with the oven turned off to ensure a well set pie.
- STEP 4(The pie will collapse some as it cooks, but the slow cooking ensures a steadier center.)
- STEP 5Allow to cool to room temperature, refrigerate.
- STEP 6Enjoy with friends & family!