Curried Potatoes with Poached Eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Quick, easy and tasty, this recipe helps use up those potatoes and eggs with a spicy recipe set to want you to make more and more.
- 3 Large Potatoes
- 4 Eggs
- A Thumb of fresh ginger
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Curry Powder (mild or hot)
- 1 Carton of Passata/ 1 Tin of tomato sauce
- (Optional; Coriander, Chilli Powder)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- STEP 1Peel and chop the potatoes into bitesize cubes, place in a large pot of water and boil for 5-6 minutes. When tender, drain the water.
- STEP 2While the potatoes boil, peel and grate the ginger and garlic. Place into a large sided frying pan with a dash of olive or coconut oil, and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and any additional spices and heat for a further minute.
- STEP 3Add the tomato sauce or passata to the frying pan, and stir. Add salt and pepper if needed. Add in the potatoes and stir to cover, this is your opurtunity to get creative and add any additional ingredients, such as frozen peas or sweetcorn, left over chicken etc. Add some water if the sauce seems dry.
- STEP 4Create small wells in the sauce, and add as many eggs as required. Place a lid or tin foil over the frying pan and allow to steam cook the eggs. Once eggs are cooked to desired amount, remove from heat and serve immediately, with fresh coriander if available.