- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tins tuna
- 2 eggs
- 114g white breadcrumbs
- 85g plain flour
- 85g butter
- 1/2 pint milk
- STEP 1Melt the butter in a pot. Blend in the flour.
- STEP 2Add some tuna liquid and the milk. Stir until smooth, thick and boiling. If it gets too thick, add some more milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 3Remove from the heat and beat in egg yolks. Fold in flaked tuna, breadcrumbs and stiffly beaten egg whites.
- STEP 4Bake for 40 minutes at 160 degrees (fan).