Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Brilliant white icing to pipe
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes pipes around 6 cakes
Ever needed perfectly white icing and do not want to use horrible yellow buttercream? Well now you can easily make WHITE icing for piping
- 500g icing sugar
- Water(or lemon juice for flavour)
- STEP 1Place half of your icing sugar in a bowl and add around three quarters of a tablespoon of water in order to create a thick paste-you may need to add more water in order to create this consistency.
- STEP 2Then add the rest of your icing sugar- this may be hard to stir but keep stirring in order to incorporate all the icing sugar. You may need to add more water but keep the icing as thick as possible so when you pipe the icing, the piping stays in place. This should create a brilliant white icing to pipe.