Roasted Tomato Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A hearty yet simple tomato soup, full of flavour and fresh vegetables. The flavours work very well with a side of cheesy garlic bread. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians. Serves 4 as a starter and 2 as a meal in itself.
- 1 kg of Large Tomatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Sweet Potato (medium to large)
- 1 Large Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp of Basil (dried)
- 1 tsp of Thyme (dried)
- 1 tsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 litre of Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 220C, then cut the tomatoes, pepper, sweet potato, and onion into large chunks and bruise the garlic cloves.
- STEP 2Arrange all the ingredients on a roasting tin and coat them in olive oil, followed by the oregano and basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 3Place the roasting tin in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- STEP 4Take the roasted vegetables out of the oven and pour into a large pot. Add the thyme, vegetable stock, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and let simmer with lid on for about an hour.
- STEP 5Use a hand mixer to blitz the vegetables into a smooth, thick soup and garnish as you like.