Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes a generous batch
Proper Italian Pesto from the source: Genoa.
- Basil Leaves | 150 grams
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil | 1 cup
- Garlic | 2 cloves
- Parmesan Cheese | 50 grams grated
- Pecorino Cheese | 50 grams grated
- Greek Yoghurt | 200 grams
- Pine Nuts | a hand full
- STEP 1Put all ingredients, except yoghurt and pine nuts, in a mixer or blender and blitz until the ingredients become an oily paste.
- STEP 2Add the yoghurt and mix well until you reach a creamy consistency.
- STEP 3Lightly mix in the pine nuts, ensuring they remain chunky and not fully ground up.