- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes approximately 4-5 Quesadillas
The best Vegan & Wheat-free Quesadilla recipe, served with fresh Salad and homemade Mexican sides, whats not to love?!
- -1 Red onion (finely chopped)
- -1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- -1 Red bell Pepper (chopped)
- -1 Yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- -1 Carton of cooked Kidney Beans
- -3 Large Plum Tomatoes (chopped)
- -4 Green Jalapeños (chopped)
- -1 & 1/2 Teaspoon Fajita Seasoning
- -Gluten-free Wraps (I used B-free Multigrain wraps with Quinoa & Chia seeds)
- -Grated Dairy-free Cheese (I used Violife)
- STEP 1Heat up the oil in a large wok.
- STEP 2Shallow fry the chopped Onion & Garlic on a low heat until golden, then add in the Red & Yellow Pepper.
- STEP 3Cook for a few minutes until softened, then add in the Kidney Beans, Tomato, Jalapeños and Seasoning. Cook for around 5-10 minutes until soft. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking!
- STEP 4Line baking trays with grease proof paper and lay down the tortilla wrap's.
- STEP 5Divide the filling onto each wrap (only one half) and follow with grated Cheese. Fold over the tortilla wrap.
- STEP 6Cook for around 5 minutes or until lightly brown and the cheese has melted! Cut the Quesadillas in half, and serve whilst warm with a drizzle of Sour cream, Salsa, Guacamole, Lime Juice, fresh Salad, Olives and fresh Coriander. Enjoy