Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Approximately 10 Pancakes
Carrot Cake for breakfast...yes please! This recipe is 100% Vegan & Wheat/Gluten-free using real grated Carrot for a divine texture along with Nutmeg & Cinnamon for that classic Carrot Cake flavour! Topped off with Coconut Yogurt, desiccated Coconut & Oats, it makes the perfect go-to breakfast/healthy snack, as it is super quick & easy too!
- -1 Cup of Plain White Flour ( I used gluten-free)
- -1 cup of Grated Carrots
- -1 Tablespoon of caster Sugar (you can use Coconut Sugar)
- -1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- -2 Tablespoons of Baking powder
- -1 Cup of Dairy-free Milk (I used Unsweetened Almond)
- -Pinch of Salt
- -2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- STEP 1Pre-heat your Pan with a little Oil. This prevents the batter from sticking to the pan.
- STEP 2In a mixing bowl, combine the Flour, Grated Carrot, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Salt, Baking Powder and caster Sugar.
- STEP 3In a separate bowl, combine the Oil & milk together then pour into the dry mixture. Mix until smooth.
- STEP 4With a large spoon or ladle , carefully pour a small amount of the mixture into the centre of the hot pan. Leave it for a minute or so then flip. Only flip when the edges of the pancake look firm enough to flip.
- STEP 5Repeat this process until you have used up all of your Batter and have a Tower of delightful Pancakes! Top off with some dairy-free Coconut Yogurt, Grated carrot, Walnuts(for added Protein) and a pinch of ground Nutmeg! Enjoy! Recipe by Holly at The Little Blog of Vegan