Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Healthy Ginger Biscuits
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling: 10 mins
- Makes Around 24 biscuits
These ginger biscuits are very easily made with wholesome ingredients and are perfect for a healthy snack.
- 240g plain white/wholemeal flour
- 100g fine oatbran
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 110g margarine
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 5 tbsp honey
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan 180°, gas mark 5). Prepare two baking trays with greaseproof paper. Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the oatbran, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon.
- STEP 2Melt the butter, golden syrup and honey in a small pan over a low heat. Pour over the dry ingredients.
- STEP 3Mix well and bring together with hands to make a firm dough.
- STEP 4Prepare a lightly floured surface and roll out half of the dough to roughly 5mm thick. Use any shaped cutters (preferably around 5-8cm in diameter) to stamp out the biscuits. Transfer to a baking tray and repeat with the other half.
- STEP 5Bake for around 10 minutes, or until slightly browned. Don't worry if the biscuits aren't hardened yet as they do when they cool down. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool for about 10 mins.