Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 10 mins prep, and 40 mins cooking
- Serves 4
Chicken Noodle Soup with Mushrooms and Fennel: A tasty recipie thats simple, a good one for students who eat togeather
- 2 chicken breasts , cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper to season
- 1l chicken stock
- 225g mushrooms, diced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 113g egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 1tsp dried coriander seads
- 1 LARGE saucepan
- STEP 1Prepare all the ingredients, and season the chicken with a little salt and pepper.
- STEP 2In the large pan heat the stock on a high heat untill it begins to simmer. Add in the chicken, fennel, mushrooms, and noodles.
- STEP 3Once t begins to boil reduce the heat untill it begins to simmer and cook untill the chicken is done and the vegtables become tender, about 10 - 15 mins.
- STEP 4take the pan off the heat and add the lemon juice, cilantro/corriander and a little more black pepper if you want.
- STEP 5Finally try not to burn your tounge as you eat, it is quite painful.