Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Oreo Chocolate No-Bake Tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A super easy, quick recipe for a chocolate tart with no-baking required! Brilliant for new bakers!
- 12 smashed Oreos
- 10oz of butter
- 10oz heavy/whole cream
- 15oz of chocolate, chopped
- STEP 1Place 12 oreos in a small sandwich/plastic bag, and remove the air. Crush the oreos into small pieces, with rolling pin.
- STEP 2Heat up the butter until thoroughly melted.
- STEP 3Place the oreo crumbs into a tart tin of your choice [I prefer a circular 15cm tin], the bigger the better. Pour the molten butter on top and smooth over. Place in the fridge until step 7.
- STEP 4Next, chop the chocolate [milk works best for me!] into small pieces.
- STEP 5Bring the cream just to the boil.
- STEP 6Add the chocolate to the hot cream and stir until the two become a thick, brown, whole mixture.
- STEP 7Pour the warm cream-and-chocolate mix onto the oreo base. Place in the fridge for 20-25 minutes. [Time frame depends on the tin one uses. If you use a smaller tin, it may take longer.]
- STEP 8I like to put fresh strawberries on mine, but raspberries, cream or something else may also taste fab!