Member recipe by maggiemay48
A no fuss chicken dish delicious served with garlic or crusty bread and a simple green salad.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 3/4 pint passata
- 3 fl oz chicken stock
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Pinch of sugar
- 6 oz tortilla chips
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C, Gas Mark 7. Fry onion, garlic, chicken and chilli until golden. Transfer to oven dish and keep warm.
- Mix tomato puree, passata, chicken stock, coriander and sugar together, season well and bring to the boil.
- Pour tomato sauce over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with tortilla chips and cheese. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted.