Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sweet potato hash eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
This dish is rich in vitamins, protein and healthy carbohydrates
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, grated
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 handful kale
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 small red chilli
- STEP 1Heat a good lug of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions, stirring until just starting to caramelise. Add the garlic and sweet potato, stirring constantly until the sweet potato starts to turn golden. Stir in the kale and season to taste.
- STEP 2Make two little wells in the mixture, turning the heat down low. Crack the eggs into the wells. Cover the pan so the eggs can steam. Check on them every few minutes and take over the heat when the whites are just cooked.
- STEP 3To serve, sprinkle with paprika, chilli and any fresh herbs you wish.