Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Egg Fried Rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
If you're like me, you always make too much rice and have heaps of leftovers. Here's a super quick and easy way to use up any leftover rice or even veggies and meat- great if you've ordered too much takeaway Chinese!
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 knob butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbs garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot
- 300g silken tofu
- 2 cups white rice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- STEP 1In a wok, heat 1 tbs of peanut oil and the knob of butter over a medium heat. Whisk the eggs together and pour into wok, stirring quickly. Remove when the eggs are just cooked and still shiny, set aside.
- STEP 2Heat remaining peanut oil in wok over a high heat. Add the onion and toss quickly for one minute before adding the garlic. Add the broccoli and carrot, tossing to combine.
- STEP 3Add the tofu and rice, toss to combine- using a spoon at this point can break up the tofu too much and you'll end up with a scramble so try to toss the mixture if you can. Toss through the soy sauce. Taste and add more if you wish. Add the egg mixture and toss through.
- STEP 4To serve, spoon into bowls and top with your favourite fresh herbs, spring onions or chilli oil.