- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 6 rolls
These cabbage rolls are bursting with flavour and are an amazing vegan recipe you'll be using again and again. This serves three as an entree or is great for sharing.
- 6 large Chinese cabbage leaves
- 300g silken tofu
- 300g mixed asian mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2tbs soy sauce
- 1tsp crushed garlic
- 1tsp minced ginger
- 2tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped red chilli
- STEP 1Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling water for 30 seconds before removing and setting aside. Heat 1tsp of sesame oil in a pan over a high heat before adding the mushrooms, stirring for five minutes. Break up the tofu with your hands until it resembles scrambled eggs and add it to the mushrooms. Stir through the garlic, ginger, chilli and soy sauce. Taste and add more soy sauce if you feel it needs it.
- STEP 2To assemble, lay out a piece of cabbage flat on a shopping board. Spoon out around half a cup of the tofu mixture to the base of the cabbage leaf and begin rolling towards the top, drawing the sides in as you go to create a parcel. Do this for each piece of cabbage until you've used up all the tofu mix.
- STEP 3Heat 1tsp of sesame oil over a high heat in a pan. Add the rolls, searing for a few minutes on each side until caramelised. To serve, sprinkle with coriander or even a dollop of chilli jam.