Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Super Simple Fruit Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Super easy fruit cake with no zesting and no electric whisks. This can be achieved with just a wooden spoon and a bowl and best of all, its delicious!
- 100g light muscavado sugar
- 175ml olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 225g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- generous splash of orange juice
- generous splash of lemon juice
- 200g fruit cake fruit mix
- Apricot Jam (for filling)
- Icing sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- STEP 1Set oven to 160C and grease two 20cm pans. Mix together the oil and sugar.
- STEP 2Add the eggs, flour, bicarb., cinnamon, allspice, orange juice and lemon juice and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. The mix should be pourable and reasonably runny.
- STEP 3Gently fold in the fruit, then split between two 20cm pans.
- STEP 4Cook for 30min and then leave to cool.
- STEP 5When cool remove from the tins sandwich the cakes together with jam and then sieve some icing sugar on top.