Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 Muffins
Simple festive muffins with a marzipan surprise.
- 200g Self Raising flour
- 50g Ground almonds
- 1tsp almond essence
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 200g sugar
- 200g butter
- 3 eggs
- splash of milk
- 250g mix of cherries, currants, raisins, flaked almonds
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g marzipan/ marzipan filling
- STEP 11) Set oven to 180C. Mix all the ingredients with an electric mixer.
- STEP 22) Fill 1 muffin tray with cases, then spoon half the mix into the bottoms of the cases.
- STEP 33) Then add a layer of marzipan, flattening it between the palms of your hands into a circle to make sure the layer is spread evenly through the cupcake.
- STEP 44) Add the rest of the mixture on top of the marzipan, then cook for 25-30minutes in the oven.
- STEP 55) Dust with icing sugar and serve.