Coconut and polenta chocolate chip cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 24 cookies
Moreish vanilla scented chocolate cookies with coconut and polenta to give a light crisp texture - quick and easy recipe
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 90g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten with 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g dessicated coconut
- 50g polenta
- 100g plain flour, sifted with 1/2 tsp each of baking powder and bicarbonate of soda
- 50g plain chocolate chopped into small chunks
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan oven) and grease two large baking trays. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- STEP 2Stir in the polenta, coconut and flour mixture, together with the chocolate chips. Mix to a firm but sticky dough, adding a little more flour if necessary.
- STEP 3Scoop heaped teaspoons of mixture onto a greased baking tray, spaced well apart to allow for the mixture to spread.
- STEP 4Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allo to firm up for a minute or two, then using a fish slice move onto a cooling rack.