Lamb Rogan Josh
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 900g lamb steaks cut into chunks
- 2 large onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cinamon sticks
- 5 TBSP curry powder
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 200ml beef stock
- 2 red peppers cut into chunks
- 250g basmatti rice
- fresh corriander
- 5 TBSP fat free natural yoghurt
- STEP 1Put a flameproof casserole dish sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Fry lamb in batches for 3-4 minutes each (or until browned spraying with more oil when required)
- STEP 2Turn down the heat to medium/low. Add the onions and fry for 10-12 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and cinnamon sticks and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Return the lamb to the dish then add the curry powder and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the tomatoes, stock and peppers, and season. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 2 hours,or until the lamb is tender.
- STEP 4Remove the cinnamon sticks and sprinkle the curry with the chopped coriander, Serve with the riceand yogurt.