Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Black bean chipotle style chili
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Smokey vegetable chili
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp smokey Chipotle rub
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 200g roasted red peppers in brine from jar (drained and chopped)
- 150g frozen sweetcorn
- 350g long grain rice
- 2 x 400g cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 TBSP fresh coriander (chopped)
- Fat free natural fromage frais (to serve)
- STEP 1Spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Stir-fry the onion for 5-6 minutes, or until just softened.
- STEP 2Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the spices, chipotle rub, chopped tomatoes, red wine vinegar, roasted red peppers and sweetcorn. Season, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- STEP 3Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- STEP 4Add the black beans to the chilli. Simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered, then remove from the heat and stir in half the coriander.
- STEP 5Divide the rice and chilli between 4 bowls and top with a dollop of fromage frais sprinkled with paprika. Garnish with the remaining coriander and serve.