Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chick & cherry pasta bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Tasty, easy pasta dish
- 400g mafalda corta pasta or conchiglie
- Red onion
- 300g broccoli, seperate stalks from florets.
- 400ml chick or veg stock
- 1 tsp Dijon or whole grain mustard
- 100ml creme fraiche
- 3 cooked skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 200g chopped cherry tomatoes
- 150g cottage cheese
- about 200g cheddar, grated
- optional: 1/2 small pack of fresh parsley, finely chopped & 1 tsp dried thyme
- optional: 150g mushrooms fried in garlic
- STEP 1Chop chicken breasts into reasonable chunks, mushrooms and garlic. Pre-cook chicken in pan with herbs and seasoning, fry mushrooms in garlic - set aside. Pre-heat grill medium hot.
- STEP 2Boil pasta, onion & broccoli stalks for 7 mins. Add florets, cook for a further 3 mins and drain. Meanwhile bring stock to boil in largest pan, whisk mustard & creme fraiche, lightly season.
- STEP 3Stir in the pasta mixture, chicken, tomatoes, cottage cheese and 1/3rd of the cheddar, mixing until melted. then stir through parsley and transfer to large casserole dish
- STEP 4Mix remaining cheddar and thyme and scatter over the pasta mix. Put dish on the base of the grill and cook for 4-5 mins, turn if it starts to brown unevenly. Remove leave to stand for 5 mins. Serve with a side veg