Summer fruit lemon tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Chill overnight or for 4 hours
- Serves 8
Delicious summer tart
- 375 grams crumbled digestive biscuits
- 75 grams soft unsalted butter
- 400 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 240 grams lemon curd (at room temperature)
- 125 grams blueberries
- 125 grams blackberries
- 125 grams raspberries
- 125 grams redcurrants (or pomegranate seeds)
- 125 grams small strawberries
- STEP 1Process the biscuits and the butter to a sandy rubble and press into the sides and bottom of a deep-sided fluted tart tin approx. 25cm diameter x 5cm deep / 10inch diameter x 2 inches deep with a loose base. Place in the freezer (or fridge if that is not possible) for about 10-15 minutes.
- STEP 2In a clean processor bowl, process the cream cheese and lemon curd or mix by hand and spread into the bottom of the chilled tart tin, covering the base evenly.
- STEP 3Arrange the fruit gently so it doesn't sink in too much on top of the lemony cheese.
- STEP 4Place the tart in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours. It does need to get properly cold in order to set enough for the tart to be unsprung and sliced easily.