Baked American style cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Easy to make baked cheesecake. Top with whatever flavouring you like or eat it plain.
- 35g butter
- 75g Speculos / digestives / ginger nut biscuits
- 250g fromage frais
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- Couple of drops of vanilla essence
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Blend the biscuits into crumbs using a food processor. Melt the butter and add to the crumb mix.
- STEP 2Divide the crumb mix into 4 individual ramekins/ overproof dishes. Press down using the back of a spoon. Bake for 5 minutes.
- STEP 3Mix the fromage frais, egg, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl until smooth. Spoon into the biscuit based ramekins. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the topping is set.
- STEP 4Cool and chill until ready to serve. Add topping of your choice or eat plain.